Post Reply  Post Thread 
AVRCD Nursery
admin1
Unregistered

AVRCD Nursery
The Administrator of this web forum wishes to Apologize to the below posters. We accidently deleted these posts. We recreated them from a backup but we had to post all in the same thread.

Posted by shirley - 03-21-2008 06:28 AM
I was told that the nursery was closed. Then I was told that the nursery was open. Now I am hearing that they want to sell the land??????????

Whats up
Posted by Guest - 03-21-2008 06:37 AM
I haven't heard anything about this
Posted by - 03-21-2008 07:59 PM

(Quote)Guest Wrote:
I haven't heard anything about this
(end Quote)
ANS:
I heard that at the special meeting that one of the board members wanted to sell a portion of the land.
half of the property and build new buildings with the money.
Posted by Guest - 03-22-2008 04:40 AM
Why has the public not been involved in this. I see nothing in the agenda for 3/26?
Posted by Treebeard - 03-23-2008 06:21 PM
A friend who was at the special meeting told me that the selling off of the nursery property was hidden under the guise of building a conservation center. The land is to be sold and the money used to build a huge conservation building. I looked at the agenda for March 26 and there is the center again, seems to me that there is a big rush to sell the property. Why?
Posted by Guest- 03-25-2008 02:50 AM
Only a big time developer would want to buy something like that. As poor as land prices are now, the developer would lowball the price and hold on to it for a few years. The low price seems like the board would not be doing it's duty to the taxpayers. Does anybody know how much land they are going to sell?
Posted by Treebeard - 03-25-2008 02:55 AM
Again why the rush?
Posted by Guest- 03-27-2008 06:13 AM
Well No Meeting Tonight: Wed 03/26/08 3 of the members didn't show,
so no quarum, no meeting. The Board members should take an interest in this org. or step aside and let others perform the duties. I quess we are stuck with Lame Ducks and they are going to fulfill their agendas before they leave (if they go)
28-03-2008 11:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

RE: Nursery
Butter fingers!!!!!!!
Well at least you guys had a ba a a ack-up
dipstick
Shirley
31-03-2008 12:36 AM
admin-3 Offline

If anybody finds out when the special meeting is please let us know so we can pass the word.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2008 04:02 PM by harleyhardtail1x1.)
31-03-2008 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Rumor has it pegged at April 9 2008.
01-04-2008 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Copied from Topix "Mason"
The avrcd board members at a special meeting in lancaster stated that they wanted to sell off part of their land at their nursery because of lack of money.
How does this affect you?????
You as a tax payer you give this agency 1% of your property tax dollars (which amounts to around $160,000 a year). the avrcd in turn squanders this valuable asset with petty projects that generate no return.
On the other hand the Nursery does generate capital (sometimes it does not cover expenses sometimes it does)and performs a service to the community. This service makes available low cost native ground cover, plants, flowers and trees that are increasingly being required by the Lancaster and Palmdale cities as water tolerant plants. These plants are not carried by Lowes, Home-depot of other Nurseries, so where will we get these things when the AVRCD nursery is sold to the highest bidder.
Now we come to the headliner:
The property was purchased from a government agency and as I understand it the property has to be offered to other Gov Agencies first before being offered to the public. 2 years ago there was a public outcry on the closing of the nursery because it was being sold and the sale was terminated.(It was not offered to a gov agency or anybody else it was a private sale"""sounds like a sweatheart deal for whom"""" ")If the AVRCD board wants to get rid of something why don't they terminate themselves. They don't want to spend time to perform their duties they want cram new hires down our Throat to do their work for them.(point: new hires need to be discussed at the board meeting, this is not been done.)
There is a board meeting tonight at:
Resource Conservation District
44811 North Date Avenue, Suite G, Lancaster, CA 93534
WEDNESDAY, April 9, 2008 6:00 P.M.
You may not agree with people squandering your money but they are wasting your property tax dollars for nonproductive garbage. you may be a gang banger, home owner, police man or common citizen, you couldn't get away with this , why let these idiots get away with it.
01-04-2008 03:50 PM
shirley Offline

RE: AVRCD Nursery
YOU are S-O-L the &%$#@!!!will probably not have a meeting on that date.SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
04-04-2008 05:11 PM
admin-3 Offline

Are they really having a meeting on the 9th their website does not say anything about it? I looked at the topix website and someone on the site said that the office phone goes unanswered. We need to find out ASAP
05-04-2008 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Just got word they are not having a meeting. Lazy *&%*&^
11-04-2008 09:19 PM
admin-3 Offline

The rot goes to the core.
14-04-2008 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Hey their open house is a good place to voice your opinion. The supposedly board members will be there at various times. Seems like a good time to have a chat with them.
17-04-2008 07:18 AM
admin-3 Offline

Show up at the nursery and buy something. Make it hard for them to close it.
19-04-2008 11:42 AM
marta
Unregistered

Save the AVRCD Nursery
Old Town Homeowners Group was founded out of a desire to preserve our beautiful desert communities. As we became known to the citizens of the High Desert and received phone calls from all over the high desert communities we realized we would not be a small neighborhood homeowners association. We realized that everyone had to come together, by starting more homeowner associations, not seeing ourselves as separate neighborhoods, but as one community with great diversity, so we could have a larger voice in local government.

Currently we are working on saving our Antelope Valley Resource Conservation District Nursery. The current board is trying to sell it and the water rights to a developer. This nursery is a state owned facility that is overseen by the L.A. County Board of Supervisors. The board members are hand picked by Mike Antonovich. Talk about "the fox guarding the henhouse."

We appeal to all who are interested in honest government and our environment to become involved in the issue of the AVRCD trying to sell our land so they can put in another housing tract. Old Town Homeowners Group is looking for volunteers who are willing to brainstorm with us and help us to keep this incompetent board from stealing our nursery and well, they plan to sell to a developer. Does anyone know if it is true that the land deal is with Eliopulos? We are looking for any documentation verifying or dispelling that rumor. You can reply to us at:

oldtownhomeowners
20-04-2008 09:18 PM
Unregistered

RE: Save the AVRCD Nursery
Why don't you contact the board and ask? Why spread rumors and create speculation that is not true? If you're trying to save the nursery, what are you doing other than posting on message boards about things that you are very misinformed about?
22-04-2008 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Reply to above person (Poss.BD Mem.)
In response to contacting the Board. They are not answering their phone and if by some miracle one gets past that agravating jingle, nobody is there.
My husband went to the office one day to get some info and it wasn't staffed. As far as helping save the nursery I spent a couple hundred dollars at the open house along with my neighbors and NOT ONCE did anybody identify themselves as a honcho. We saw nobody except that nice man that runs the place. As far as posting on message boards, I can't yell as loud as the message board can reach and can't get to as many people about my displeasure on the dismal performance of the RCD board members. I pray we get a different, more interested group to replace them sometime. I will E-mail the Supervisor about my displeasure.
22-04-2008 09:41 PM
admin-3 Offline

RE: Save the AVRCD Nursery
Guest Wrote:Why don't you contact the board and ask? Why spread rumors and create speculation that is not true? If you're trying to save the nursery, what are you doing other than posting on message boards about things that you are very misinformed about?

Kind of sad really, if Guest had read the posts three of the board members are hardly ever at the meetings, very hard to talk to them. They do not answer the office phone, again hard to ask.
22-04-2008 10:04 PM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HOOOO Weeeeeee that Feb 24 AVRCD Meeting was a Dandy. Not there 1 3,238 28-02-2010 09:26 AM
Last Post: neighbor
  AVRCD management problems guest 12 19,428 14-07-2009 06:27 PM
Last Post: stupid
  AVRCD History shirley 4 7,031 01-07-2009 10:36 AM
Last Post: shirley
  The AVRCD is not paying attention to their business Pee Wee 0 2,672 16-05-2009 07:18 AM
Last Post: Pee Wee
  AVRCD, Students offered agriculture scholarships admiral1 0 2,455 12-04-2009 09:11 AM
Last Post: admiral1
  AVRCD meeting marta 2 4,848 04-05-2008 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nursery help

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread |